The idea for GoodGhosting was born at the ETHLondon 2020 hackathon and revisited during the summer of 2020 as part of Gitcoin’s genesis KERNEL program. Here, the current team formed and started working on the minimum viable product (MVP), while connecting with other builders, mentors and founders in the Web3 ecosystem.
Since then, the GoodGhosting team has hit a number of milestones:
- Launched our first MVP prototype on the Ethereum Kovan testnet, connected to a basic user interface (for UX testing) [Q4 2020]
- Start of the #GalacticGhosts campaign in preparation for our guarded launch on Polygon [Q2 2021]
- Guarded launch with a limited number of users on Polygon [Q2 2021]
- Over 1000 unique players joined one or more GoodGhosting savings games
- Partnerships with multiple online communities: BanklessDAO, SocialFi Alliance, Meta Gamma Delta and DeFi for the people [Q3 2021]
- Over $2.5M worth saved through GoodGhosting [Q2 2022]
- Over 10,000 monthly unique active users are saving through GoodGhosting [Q2 2022]
- Over $3.5M worth saved through GoodGhosting [Q3 2022]
We are currently an active development project. We plan to launch improved versions of GoodGhosting during 2022 and 2023.