Obtaining Polygon assets (DAI, WETH, MATIC, GHST)
- 1.Bridge your DAI from Ethereum to Polygon 🌉 If you already have DAI on the Ethereum mainnet, you can to move this over to Polygon. You can use the official Matic Wallet bridge, the Multichain router or the Hop Exchange. Here is a great written guide for the official bridge, as well as a YouTube tutorial. Note: this will require a transaction on Ethereum mainnet. Depending on the transaction cost (gas fees) of Ethereum, this only makes sense if you want to transfer relatively large amounts of your existing DAI.
- 2.Bridge your DAI from other blockchains to Polygon 🌉 If you already have:
- DAI on Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- xDAI on the Gnosis chain
- DAI on Fantom
- DAI on Avalanche
- DAI on Arbitrum
- DAI on Optimism
3. Buy DAI directly on Polygon (via a third-party) 👛 There are multiple service providers that offer the possibility to directly buy DAI on Polygon. e.g. https://ramp.network/buy/ or https://global.transak.com/ Make sure to select "DAI on Polygon chain" or "DAI on Polygon network" so you end up with the correct DAI. Most often you can pay by either a Bank Transfer (e.g. SEPA deposit) or a debit or credit card. Transaction fees should be somewhat cheaper compared to transferring DAI from Ethereum.
These are external services - not related to the GoodGhosting project! You will most likely be required to verify your identity and pay a fee for using their service. We'd like to make clear that this is NOT an endorsement or recommendation of any type.⚠⚠
4. Swap on a decentralized exchange on Polygon 🔄
Each transaction on Polygon will require a small amount of MATIC tokens in your wallet.
If you purchased MATIC on a centralized exchange (such as Binance, Crypto.com, Okex, OkCoin or Ascendex), you can most likely withdraw it in your own personal wallet on Polygon (e.g. see this guide for Binance).
- Option 3
- Make sure your wallet holds at least 1 DAI or USDC or USDT on Polygon (see above)
- In the top right corner press the "CLAIM MATIC" button. This will give you 0.001 MATIC, if your wallet does not hold any MATIC tokens. This should be enough to get started.
👛 Alternatively, you can use one of the third-party fiat onboarding solutions mentioned above.
When you bridge your Ether to Polygon, it will show up as 'Wrapped Ether', also known as wETH or WETH. This is the type you will need to enter a GoodGhosting savings pool on Polygon. Often it is simply referred to as ETH.
Different options to obtain it
- 1.Doublecheck you are bridging normal ETH into Polygon. Do not bridge the mainnet 'WETH' ERC-20 token onto Polygon using the official bridge. Sadly, that is another type of wrapper which is incompatible with GoodGhosting.
- 2.Bridge your ETH from other blockchains to Polygon 🌉 If you already have:
- ETH on Optimism
- ETH on Arbitrum
- ETH on Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- WETH on the xDAI chain
- ETH on Fantom
- WETH on Avalanche
- 3.Buy WETH directly on Polygon (via a third-party) 👛 There are multiple service providers that offer the possibility to directly buy DAI on Polygon. e.g. https://ramp.network/buy/ or https://global.transak.com/ Make sure to select "ETH on Polygon chain" or "WETH on Polygon network" so you end up with the correct token. Most often you can pay by either a Bank Transfer (e.g. SEPA deposit) or a debit or credit card. Transaction fees should be somewhat cheaper compared to transferring ETH from Ethereum.
- 4.Swap on a decentralized exchange on Polygon 🔄
GHST is the primary utility token of the Aavegotchi ecosystem and is used to buy and sell goods within the Aavegotchi world, including Aavegotchis themselves.
If you purchased GHST on a centralized exchange, such as Crypto.com or OKEx, you can likely withdraw in your own personal wallet on Polygon (e.g. see this guide for OKEx). Be careful to not withdraw to Ethereum mainnet. Three additional options are available to acquire GHST on Polygon:
- Bridge from Ethereum to PolygonIf you already have the GHST token on the Ethereum mainnet, you can use the Aavegotchi Bridge to cross for the lowest transaction costs possible.
We also have a slick feature for adding tokens from any savings pool to your wallet list if they were not already there. 👇
Use this trick to easily add tokens to your wallet list!
For your convenience, we listed above some external guides, tools, providers and platforms that may help you to learn more about how to obtain DAI, WETH and MATIC on Polygon. GoodGhosting has no relationship and does not recommend nor endorse any of the external parties listed above. Remember to do your own research and make sure you understand the risks involved before engaging with any external party.
The GoodGhosting platform shall not be held responsible or liable, at any time, for any actions you decide to take while engaging with the external parties listed above, or consequences resulting from such actions, as for example, but not limited to, losses of funds, fees, charges, personal data loss or theft, etc.